This task has also been one that I have been picking away at for the better part of a month. I knew that I needed some new music for both the Junior High and Senior High band for their two concerts this year, but I had no idea where to even start. I wonder if other band directors put as much thought into the music they order. I'm thinking that as the years progress, it will become easier to figure out what to order and what not to order. Why order now, you ask? Well we are in the process of getting a new superintendent and principal and I had already submitted a rough budget for the music that I wanted to order, but no specifics. I wanted to make sure that I had at least some new music for the kids to play.
I'm pretty pumped about the selections and I hope that the kids will like them too!
No comments:
Post a Comment